{Rope Bracelet}

posted on: Friday, October 8, 2010

I really enjoy making these bracelets. I am able to kill two birds with one stone. I get rid of my scraps, while also creating a cool piece of arm candy. Yep, arm candy....punk likes to chew on them ;)



Essentials:
*3 pieces of fabric. 1/2" wide-15" long. I used Heather Bailey fabric.

*3 strips of rope. Around 9" long. Mine were around nine inches long, but yours may differ depending on the size of your wrist.
*Hot Glue. Why hot glue? because this is a super fast project, so you want some super fast glue.



Start by putting a small dab of glue on top of piece of rope.


Once you have added your glue, put one end of your fabric across the end of the rope and begin to slowly roll it around the rope.


As you begin to roll the fabric around keep adding glue periodically to keep the fabric in place.


Once you have covered the entire rope put a dab of glue on the end and attach the two ends together. VERY IMPORTANT: don't stop rolling your fabric at this point. Keep going around the rope so you cover up the two ends. This will make it more secure so you bracelet will not break in half.


TADA! A new bracelet in less then five minutes.


Halz

10 comments:

  1. omg - such a simple idea with a fabulous result! love it! definitely need to make some for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! I saw a similar idea on v and co, thanks for showing me how to do it!

    Taylor
    www.maryjanesandgaloshes.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. I use this technique to make baskets and coasters, but have never tried the bracelets. I will give that a try. Thanks for the tute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have also made fabric covered bracelets...I used bracelets that I found at a closing out sale for 14 cents each!! Check them out at this link if you're interested!
    http://alliswellathome.blogspot.com/2010/11/fabric-bracelets.html
    Cheers!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute, i'm gonna have to try making these :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These is super cute!! I hate spending money on jewellery but this is perfect for me, thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow great tutorial, first time I see a combination of rope and fabric. Super creative!

    Looks very fashionable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute! The next weekend I'll try to do my own bracelets. Thank you for share your ideas
    P.D: Sorry for my english, I'm from Barcelona (Spain)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these...thanks for sharing.

    Your newest follower, Jessica @ http://myworldmadebyhand.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute. I have made one but sewed it with my machine. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Spunky Junky All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger