{Tutorial Tuesday} Make a Banner/Header/Title

posted on: Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Okeey-dokee friends! I finally got my thoughts together and decided to give you the 4-1-1 on how I designed my header. This is goood stuff, really good stuff. It is a bunch of ramblins from a crazy chick who doesn't know a lot about Photoshop but then decided to write a tutorial on it....kinda.

So I hope we're still friends after you read this...

How to make a blog header in Photoshop

Open Photoshop (I use CS4)
1. File>New (You will now have a nice pretty white box on your page)
2. Image>Image Size
3. I put my width at 1000 (this may be different for you depending on what your blog width may be...)
4. Press the letter "T" so that you can now play around with the text. Then choose your text and begin writing in the white box. (The text is located at the top left of the page)

5. Ckick anywhere in the white box and start typing, if you can't see the word, well, the font is probably in white so go to the right side of the page and change the color.

6. After I typed "Spunky" I then wanted to write "junky" but I wanted to place it at a different level on the page. So I pressed Ctrl J. This created a duplicate layer. It basically, made "Spunky" and "Junky" two seperate pieces--so I couls adjust them seperately (different font, different size, different color, etc).

7. I then wanted a different color. To adjust the color I played around with the swatches on the right side of the page. Here are my colors...
Turquoise Color
R-0
G-178
B-188
Green Color 
R-138
G-182
B-63
8. I then made one more layer (Ctrl J) and this time I typed out my saying, "Giving everyday junk a little spunk." I also changed the font, lettering, size, and color.
Gray Color
R-99
G-99
B-99

9. Finally, I opened up my Pioneer Woman Actions and I flattened the image.
10. When I finished I save my lil image to my desktop as a .jpeg.
11. Then I logged into blogger and replaced my header with the image above...easy peasy folk, easy peasy!

And as an extra bonus for my favorite readers here are the fonts that I used on Spunky Junky. Yep, I am sharin' my deepest, darkest secrets with ya.


6 comments:

  1. Though NOT as cute, since I don't have Photoshop I made one in Scrapblog. I like yours much better though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I had photoshop so I could create something this cute! Thanks for the tutorial tho!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So helpful to know how it is done. Just wish I had photoshop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently downloaded Gimp, it a lot like photo shop but it's free!! I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found your site through this tutorial on pinterest! So helpful, thank you! I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for this! I'm having a problem with replacing my header in Blogger. It keeps saying my file is curupt? Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete

Spunky Junky All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger