Life is Better with Spunk and a shout out to..

posted on: Wednesday, June 8, 2011


Last week's challenge was to participate in a family technology detox. I tried. Oh, how I tried...and I failed. As much as I wanted to, packages needed to be sent and emails needed to be read in order to find the addresses for the lovely packages.

Hunk had a migraine all day and I was bored out of my loving mind.  So, I watched an episode of Hoarders.  Because of this, I suddenly had the motivation to clean my house. If you've seen the show then you know what I mean.
Really, the excuses kept piling up for my use of technology over the weekend.

It seemed like the more I tried to avoid technology the more I needed it this weekend. So I hope your family tech detox turned out better than mine. I may try to do it in the future, most likely on a weekend when there are no season finales....

:)

Anywho, this week's challenge is to buy something you want. Yes, ladies I give y'all permission to buy something you want, not something you need. In our house the most common phrase is, "Do you need it? Or do you just want it?" My reply is often, "Of course I need it, because I want it." That used to fly as an excuse, but Hunk has become much the wiser these days after four years of marriage.

Seriously though, buy something for yourself. It doesn't have to be large or extravagant, just something that is all yours.
These babies may or may not be "the something I need"...




Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I like this post! LOL

    Mostly because we're about to move so every purchase I make has to be put up against the "do you want to have to move this" indicator, which almost always points to "no"

    Harumph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Love your spot. I appreciated the repost of your not being able to post comment so much, I am reposting your blog on mine. You were so helpful huggs, Sunny109

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a good post to read, i'm always purchasing things i dont need, but that i want sooooooo bad! especially since we're about to move apartments, it's so exciting! i think i need to go on a detox of purchasing ANYTHING.. besides food ;) xox

    ReplyDelete

Spunky Junky All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger