Hello Fall, Lets be Friends.

posted on: Tuesday, October 11, 2011

In the past I have held on to summer like it was my long lost boyfriend--love it everyday, hate to see it go. you get the point.

haha.

This year however, there was a small piece of me that was desperately craving the crisp Fall air. 

So when the first snow finally hit the mountains I tore into our winter boxes with a vengance pulling out mittens, cable knit sweaters, uggs, and flannel sheets. 

I also started making soups, canning the garden, and adding hot chocolate to my morning regiment.

Now, my house  has been infiltrated with the smells of ginger Scentsy candles, homemade chicken noodle soup, and fresh baked zucchini bread--and for the first time in a long time I am loving everything about Fall.

Even with the brisk weather here Punk has still be taking in as much of the outdoors as possible.
Shoes: Crocs, Pants: Gap, Vest: Target, Flannel Shirt: Gap, Yellow long sleeve: Old Navy, Beanie: Walmart

We have this amazing trail that runs all the way around our subdivision so he can run and run and run without having to worry about cars.
 I'm not joking. He likes to run.
 He also has become very interested in his environment. Yesterday, he spent the good part of an afternoon picking all the dead dandelions. He would run and scream as all the seeds went flying away into the sky.

He kind of reminded me of Rosebud, the last Basselope, (which is one of my all time favorite books. ever.)...

It was cute to watch. The joy and fascination in his eyes reminded me of why I became a Mom.

It's kind of nice to have those little reminders now and then.
 Yesterday, we also got to help Hunk's family clean up the garden at the farm. There is the whole other side of Punk that comes out when he is outside--he is able to let go and just run and play, fall down, get up, chase the chickens, grab the cat, he just doesn't stop and the whole time he is laughing and jabbering on hystarically.


we also gave him ice cream. Do I need to say anything more about his new trick?

;)

Oh yes. And we have a winner of the Snowcones and Lollipops Party collection.
#9 Vanessa. Congrats Girl! Send me an email so we can hook. you. up.

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. He's sooo cute!!! My daugther loves to run too, but there are so many cars where we live... Your son is very lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids got mad skills!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute Punk all fall'd out. FYI his hat is more of a toque (pronounced tooook-it's a Canadian thing).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, he's cute! I'm a new follower via Crafty Southern Chick.

    ReplyDelete

Spunky Junky All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger