knocked up.

posted on: Tuesday, December 13, 2011

 True story.

Hunk got all suave one day and WA-BAM! Baby on the way.

Note to all you ladies out there: stay away from suave husbands.

;)

We would have announced the big small arrival sooner, but we wanted to make sure we covered all our bases and told friends, family, co-workers, bosses, our cashiers, the mailman, and the garbage man first.

joking...

This pregnancy has been such a relief and I can't believe how great I feel. After Brecken's pregnancy and my ectopic pregnancy the thought of having another baby again made me sick/scared/terrified/exhausted.

Initially, I was sick during the first trimester and had the usual signs--nausea, cravings, amazing sense of smell, sore chest, and being tired 24/7.

Now, I am great. I still have energy to play with Punk and other then the occasional flitter in my stomach and the need to go to bed at 8,  I have been been able to maintain a regular schedule.

And aren't you lucky because you only have to wait two weeks until we find out if our bundle of joy will be blue or pink.

We'll  find out. I don't have the self-control to not know. And when the baby kicks my bladder in the middle of the night and makes me pee my own pants in bed and I want to be able to yell at he/she in gender-correct names.


Punk doesn't really understand the baby thing yet.

I imagine if he was older this would have been his initial reaction.

;)

I'll point to my stomach and say "baby" and then he'll point at himself and say "Good Boo Boo."

We'll need to work on it....


Either way, I think he will be a great big brother. He loves to sit on babies (another habit we will have to kick in the butt). 

Can you read his shirt? 

My sister made it for his birthday (it's how we announced the new arrival to the fam)

It reads: 

Only Child
Big Brother

Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. ooh! how fun. congrats!! My sister is due at any moment now... just waiting on a phone call! Glad you're feeling good :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you, sauve Hunk, and Little Punk! ~ Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your pregnancy.

    You're looking fabulous - that hair!!!! :)

    Love the little one's shirt too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS my friend. SO EXCITED for you guys!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo!! You look fantastic! I wish I would have been that stylish when I was pregnant. I can't wait to see all the cute baby stuff you come up with! I'm crossing my fingers for a girl. Everyone needs a baby girl =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! That is so exciting, and I LOVE the way you announced your pregnancy with the big brother shirt. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Glad to hear that you're feeling as normal as possible this time around. Best wished for your ever expanding family :) xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!!!!! Wow it really IS in the water.


    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Halsey! I had no idea, you aren't showing AT ALL, at least the last time I saw you you weren't ;)

    Kiley

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY!!!! Congratulations!!!! So glad to hear all is well after reading what you went through before.
    I say hold out!!! Don't find out the gender! :o)
    I'm pregnant with our third - due in February - and it's round three of the gender being a surprise. It's so awesome to have Daddy announce the sex in the hospital. So far, we've got one of each, so I'm super excited to find out what this one is.
    Congratulations again - I'm so happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! That is so very exciting! I love the name of your blog post title, by the way. :) And that shirt is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Hasley! Makes me feel good you have a healthy pregnancy after your ectopic (Ive had 1 healthy pregnancy, 2 ectopics, and a miscarriage). Here's hoping for more energy and less nausea ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats!!! I can't wait to find out what you're having and to follow your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! I'm happy for you & your family.

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  15. "...Ok, so tell me, is it blue or pink?"
    "Uhh, well it started out blue but now it's pink."
    "No, no, I meant is it a boy or girl?"
    "Oh sorry. Boy."

    Bahahahaa!!!! Love you sista.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a little behind, but CONGRATULATIONS!! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Spunky Junky All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger