His//Her Smoothies

posted on: Friday, February 22, 2013


The unexpected surprise of moving to a small, hole-in-the-wall, town is that we don't each fast food anymore. Sometimes I miss the luxury of a quick meal on-the-go, but having lost an additional eighteen pounds on top of my pre-pregnancy weight seems to make it okay and on this 5'1'' petite frame that's a lot! We've also changed our eating habits too--no more potatoes, lots of cottage cheese, less pre-packaged junk, smoked chicken at snack time, quinoa at dinner and these nifty little smoothies every morning. Surprisingly, John hasn't minded the addition of smoothies to our lives, except for the color. He can't bring himself to drink a green one. So I've improvised--to make his smoothie more eye-appealing I usually throw in a handful of raspberries to brighten it up, and it works like a charm!

The recipe for our green (red) smoothies is easy:

//handful of spinach
//half a banana
//five or six strawberries
//one mango (chopped)
//handful of frozen raspberries and blueberries (for John's smoothies)
//half a cup of orange juice
//crushed ice (optional)
//My SIL also adds agave and yogurt.

//blend well (I use my magic bullet or my blender). serve chilled.

Enjoy!

Also, check here to see if you won the VinylKrazy $50 Gift Certificate Giveaway

3 comments:

  1. yummy, i love smoothies and these look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hooked on smoothies too, except I find it hard to drink them in the winter (I"m too cold). My favourite is mango pineaple with greek vanilla yoghurt and some juice to make it thinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look fantastic! I can't wait until Spring is in full swing so I can truly enjoy fresh fruits and veggies every morning :)

    ReplyDelete

Spunky Junky All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger