Toddler books for restless days

posted on: Wednesday, January 29, 2014



The winters in Montana can sometimes be torturous when little babies have big ideas of being let loose outside (and it always seems to happen on the coldest days of course). And I'm sure most parents would agree that building block towers and crafting with cotton balls can only satisfy young minds for so long before someone starts going a little stir crazy. Luckily in our house when this happens we have a steady stream of books. For as long as I can remember I've always been drawn to books and I'm so happy that it's carrying through to my babes. And as their little minds continue to grow it has been exciting to see the new fascination that grows with each new book. Below, are some of their favorites right now (I'm sure it will change by next week). 


1//2//3//4//5//6


2 comments:

  1. The Llama one is the only one one I've read. My hands down favorite children's book is called The Gardener. I bought it when I was pregnant with Baby #1. Nine years later, the illustrations still leave me speechless and the story is perfection. I tear up every. single. time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mo Willems is genius. LOVE "Press Here"... we completely wore out the library copy before finally getting our own. Funny story, during a practicum I was reading it to a group of very gullible kinders who were ooo-ing and aw-ing and squealing with delight. The principal was walking down the hall and had to stick his head in to see what was going on. One of the kids said, "You've got to see this book.... it's better than a video game!" Cracks me up. Precious photo of you reading to you babes... wish I had such records.

    ReplyDelete

Spunky Junky All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger