{Funky Find Friday} Glitter Pumpkins

posted on: Friday, October 15, 2010

I have this love/hate relationship with Wal-mart. I love the fact that I can get everything from bananas to windshield wipers all under the same roof. However, I hate the parking, long lines, and that I always manage to buy more then what is on my list.

Yesterday, was a love day. Hence, the glitter pumpkins.  



While scanning the fall section I came across these nifty little pumpkins. Although they are as ugly, I mean ugly,  I knew that with a little TLC they could look amazing on my kitchen table.

I got the glitter effect by using  Crystal Clear Tacky Spray to spray the entire pumpkin. I then began to slowly pour glitter over the sprayed areas. NOTE: I wore gloves because the tacky spray, well, it is sticky, very sticky. I also did this project in the garage. The spray covers everything. 


While, the pumpkins dried I set up the display on the table. I used a white serving platter to arrange the pumpkins. However, I put it upside down on the table so it would help elevate the pumpkins. I then arranged berry garland around the outside of the platter to give added color to the arrangement.



I then arranged the pumpkins on and around the platter.


 Simple and easy Fall centerpiece in less then 15 minutes.


Linkin' up to:

Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!

A Little Knick Knack

10 comments:

  1. AWESOME! Isn't it funny how almost anything that is covered in one color of glitter can look amazing? Awesome job!

    p.s. I feel the same about wallyworld - total love hate relationship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! I tell my friends all the time that I have a love/hate relationship with walmart! I love what you have done~the glitter is a really pretty color. can you tell me the name of it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Robin.

    The glitter is copper colored and it is from Johanns. It comes is a fairly big bottle so don't feel like you need to buy a lot.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog ;)

    Halsey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those! What color is that glitter? I bought some at the dollar store awhile ago and they need some tlc. Check out my blog and see what I did with them, but I want to do the something similar for fall, your glitter pumpkins would look great for that! ms-smartie-pants@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the glitter - What a fabulous transformation! Your centerpiece looks fantastic! Hope you are enjoying your weekend! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute- glitter makes everything better, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glitter makes everything beautiful! I love your pumpkins. I also giggled when I read about your "love/hate relationship" with Walmart. I feel the same way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm popping in via the blog hop. That is a really cool display and demo of how you made it--really neat transformation because...yes! I've seen those ugly pumpkins at our Walmart here, too!! Amazing change!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! I think I will have to try that next year.

    I, too, love/hate Wal-Mart...there's never an in between day.

    Jessi at http://thejuicilife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Spunky Junky All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger