31/40

posted on: Wednesday, March 14, 2012




I've never been one to shy away from posting "real" pictures. You've all seen my stomach, my bad hair, my dirty house, and the hoards of random junk that seem to breed through the night in our basement.

This picture is no different--even though after I post it I may ask myself the age old question, "Why? Oh, why did you do it Halsey?!"

But the truth is--this is my reality.

Some days I do get out of bed before nine, shower, pamper my body, and eat a good breakfast. But the reality is that I tend to sway towards the side of convenience and what seems easiest--long baths, not combing my hair (or fixing it), and eating whatever I can scrounge out of the fridge or fruit basket.

Silly as it sounds, food is less of a necessity and more of a bargaining to tool to keep Hunk from pestering me that I need to feed my child. So each night I reluctantly make dinner, while in the back of my mind I am thinking, "This cupboard should be rearranged like so. Do I really need twenty champagne glasses?"

Yes, I am a Mormon with an abundance of champagne and martini glasses. I also have wine in my fridge too. It's for cooking so don't get all riled up yet. We're high class around here...

My point being is that my reality is constantly changing. At the beginning of the year I vowed to become more focused--while I have somewhat veered away from many of my newly "focused" goals I am now on a new track of goals that are equally important and are requiring just as much focus if not more.

A few nights ago Hunk and I were talking about this exact same subject and he said, "We are people that follow through with our plans even when our reality changes. We just change our course and keep going."

He can be insightful at times, but you have to listen closely to hear it.

;)

He's right, though, while I may not be on the same course that I set out on earlier this year, I am still working towards new and improved goals.

Cheers to the ever-changing destination of life!

Are you still keeping your New Year's Resolutions? If not, what are your new goals?

Keep it real and thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Spunky Junky All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger