French Maracons

posted on: Tuesday, May 20, 2014


I've had the pleasure of working with Chocoley, an online provider of gourmet chocolate ingredients and candy making supplies to help with all my baking necessities for Addy's 2nd birthday. Usually I lean towards festive decorations and fun gift bags when planning parties for my family but this year I decided to dedicate more time to baking and since one of my goals for my 30 Before 30 was to successfully bake french macarons I thought now would be the perfect opportunity to test out my not-so-natural baking skills.

Chocoley so graciously provided the key ingredients to make my tasty little morsels a success. And because I'm a firm believer in trying true and tasted recipes you can follow this tutorial for foolproof french maracons. I also believe that one of the key factors in creating good food is good ingredients. For my macarons I went with a creme de' menthe chocolate ganache and a light lemon cream cheese frosting. The two flavors though drastically different were perfect compliments for one another. 

Cool Creme De'Menthe Chocolate Ganache
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream

Bring the heavy whipping to a light boil (Edges should be bubbling). Pour over chocolate. Add in cool de'menthe flavoring then stir with a clean spoon until all the chocolate disks have melted. Allow adequate time to cool, then use a piping bag to place ganache on the french macaron cookies.  

Light Lemon and Cream Cheese Frosting
1 brick cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup softened butter
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 TSP sour cream or 1 TSP heavy whipping cream
100 drops yellow food coloring OR 1 tsp yellow food coloring

Mix ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use. Use piping bag to place frosting on the french maracon cookies. 

For party favors I used white ballotin candy boxes and filled each with french macarons to complete the perfect party for perfect little girl. 

Enjoy.

And because some may ask I got my silicone fiberglass mat here. It helps beginners (like me) make evenly shaped cookies. 

3 comments:

  1. Your macaroons turned out gorgeous! This has been on my "bucket list" too. I just haven't gathered the courage to attempt them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, wow. I'm super impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so yummy. I'm reading this a breakfast and I could have one right now! I was wondering where you got the recipie for the macaroon part. I'm not a great cook / baker. Many thanks

    Laura.x

    ReplyDelete

Spunky Junky All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger