{Opal Owl "Quiet" Book}

posted on: Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Growing up I remember sitting on the pews at church and combing through the "quiet" books that my Mom had made to tame us down. I loved playing with the velcro balloons, braiding the yarn hair on the dolls, and combing over the fabric pages week after week.

I have been meaning to make Punk a book of his own but alas my procrastination got the better of me and I failed. kind of. Hunk's Mom surprised Punk with his own "quiet" book on Christmas. Let's just say that Punk was more interested in the gift tags and wrapping paper then the gifts themselves.

Yesterday, however, I was able to get him to sit quietly for about two minutes as I read "Opal Owl" to him, as he sat there he rubbed the pages, played with the strings, and tried to pull the beads off the pages. When he decided the book would make a better chew I knew he was finished with "quiet" time for the day.

The book starts out:

"There is a beautiful forest filled with trees reaching for the sky. It's ground is covered in soft mossy playgrounds and is spattered with frilly ferns and lush wild flowers. A heavenlly land with velvety afternoon breezes singing through the leaves. This is when all the little animals nap in the shade of the Madrone trees...."

It really is  a wonderful little book. Opal shares the "gifts" that each one of his friends have given him. The gifts themselves have nothing to do with possessions but rather the gifts are the simple pleasure of: joy, playtime, sophistication, maturity, friendship, and quickness.

If you are interested in making your own Opal Owl quiet book they can be found here and here!

1 comments:

  1. I stumbled upon your blog and love it!! Can't wait to check out all your awesome crafts!

    ReplyDelete

Spunky Junky All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger