Christmas 2012

posted on: Thursday, December 27, 2012

Usually I hold out until after the new year to dismantle the holiday clutter, but our Charlie Brown tree went without water for four days and it's dismal state upon our return from my parent's home was beyond repair. Thus the tree is down, the decorations are neatly stocked away and the lights are (somewhat) organized. 

This year Christmas brought the added joy of having a toddler who could unwrap presents by himself, albeit he didn't grasp the concept of unwrapping and then moving onto the next gift. Once he understood the idea that all the presents required he attention havoc broke out and a carnage of wrapping paper, bows and bakers twine almost buried Addison alive. She was spared--I just had to search through the chaos for the shiniest tissue paper of which she was ravenously trying to devour.

While gifts were fun to unwrap his heart was ultimately set on playing with a 50 year-old Fisher Price train from Grandma's toy box. go figure.  This year also marked the beginning of Santa Claus, the kid is stubborn and is quite skeptical of the white bearded man. I am sure by next year we'll make him into a bona fide Santa believer.

I could ramble on and on about my mom's home cooking, and the pounds of coconut shrimp, crab, and turkey that was devoured by all, but my laundry seemed to breed during my sabbatical. Wish me luck and Happy Holidays to all of you! 

1 comments:

  1. Hi Halsey, It's been such a great year at Spunky Junky. So glad you had a nice Christmas. Happy new year to one of my favorite bloggers!

    Warmly, Michelle
    Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust

    ReplyDelete

Spunky Junky All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger