Rosette Bib Necklace

posted on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Rosette bib necklaces have been around for.ever. 

Part of me feels like they have come and gone. Oh well--I still enjoy wearing mine. 

 I wanted to show you my trade secrets for making your own rosette bib necklace--since I am no longer making them for my etsy shop. 
 ahhhhh, isn't she a beaut???

What you'll need:
fabric
glue
felt
bead necklace (Mardi Gra style is the best)
pearls or rhinestones

 First, cut your fabric into 1 1/4 inch strips. Length isn't really a big deal.

 Capache?


 Trade secret #1: When gluing the rosettes make sure to place the glue at the bottom of the fold, that way  if the glue starts come out it will come out of the bottom and not out of the top of the rosette.

 Once all the rosettes have been made lay them out on the piece of felt to create your design.

 Once you have a design then begin to glue each rosette to the felt.

Trade Secret #2: On the top two rosettes only put glue on the bottom half of the rosette, the top half will be glued when attaching the beads.  
 Once all the rosettes have dried then cut out around the necklace. 

 Now glue in between each rosette-- his will help to make the bib "stiff."

Now comes the fun part.

Find fun Mardi Gra beads--I like using vintage necklaces that I can cut in half.
 I then take each half and glue them in between the rosette and the felt.

 See?

 Then I glued small swarovsky rhinestones to the center of each rosette to give the necklace a little bling bling.


Simple n' easy my friends.

Thanks for stopping by!!!
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. This little necklace makes me smile! Great job! Love the beads with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindooooo demais!!!
    Aii! vou tentar fazer!
    Bjs e obrigada por compartilhar querida!
    Bjs
    CaroL.
    http://bycarolinermoreno.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial! I pinned it. And are you rockin' a feather extension? Very cool!

    Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for posting this tutorial! I run a craft club at the middle school I teach at and my girls are going to simply flip out when they see this. I'm going to work on my own right away. You are the sweetest blogger ever for responding to my request, by the way.
    *heart* Tara Seaworthy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for posting this! I am going to attempt to make myself one now. I think they're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Spunky Junky All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger