Thanksgiving

posted on: Saturday, November 26, 2011

Would that be my son eating of his cousin's Thanksgiving plate?! For shame, Brecken, for shame!!!

Thanksgiving was chill this year. Not necessarily in the "cold" way, because it was abnormally warm. This year, the Punk and I slept in, woke up and made a huge breakfast--for ourselves. Then we spent the morning lounging in bed watching Robots.

When I lost interest in Robin Williams voice for the millionth time I escaped to the kitchen where I made pies, while listening to Christmas music.

It was nice and quiet.

Hunk was hunting, the laundry had been finished a day early, and Punk entertained himself  all morning, so I say--score one for this lady!

Later the cousins came over and we went to the park where they soon engaged in a vicious game of snowball fighting--I stayed out of their way. Our snowballs are more like ice balls.

********************

Dinner was amazing. Seriously--turkey, potatoes, green bean casserole, and stuffing have never tasted so freaking good.

My sister-in-law made a white chocolate cheesecake that put my pies to shame. It may have been the best thing ever.

**************

We were smart and decided to not brave the stores at 10 or 12. Good way to ruin the Thanksgiving spirit by pushing people aside to get to the doll that pees and wiggles on it's own, right?

I did kind of miss the crazy people though. Do I need to explain? No, you all know what I'm talking about....

Shopping at 9 in the morning just wasn't the same as shopping at 3 with the fanatics, it may be more enjoyable than airport people watching. Yes, I am one of those people.

How was your Thanksgiving? Did you brave the stores and see the crazies? Please say yes, I need to live vicariously through someone....

2 comments:

  1. HA! I did it this year. I've been out on Friday during the day a few times before and never thought it was that bad. So this year, I was one of the 10 and 12-ers. Oh dear Lord. I didn't get home until 2:30am and I seriously wanted to die. It was awful. The lines. Oh the lines. Then I went out again Friday morning, but not until about 8, so it wasn't too bad. Never again will I do the late night ones. Too much for this gal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I stood in line at Toys R Us for 2 hours Thursday night, and we ended up getting what we wanted :). Score! Then, I went back out Friday around 9 in the morning, and it was a great day. The mall was crowded, but it wasn't too crazy.

    ReplyDelete

Spunky Junky All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger